Test Labs are looking for a Laboratory Analyst to join our microbiology team within our Medical Device research and test laboratory at Peterborough.
Do you have what it takes to be one of the Test Labs team?
We are looking for people who challenge themselves, to set goals, and go above and beyond what is required of them in their role, to achieve these.
Our people passionately strive for excellence which you will see in their careful attention to detail. We are inquisitive and we like to understand, not just for the sake of more knowledge but to fuel our innovation in delivering best services, and solutions for our customers. We call this resourcefulness, and a sense that perfection is only just good enough.
We believe that for you to enjoy success in your work, you must apply energy and focus to the tasks you have to do every day. We like to give you the opportunity to stretch yourself beyond your natural ‘comfort zone’ in the knowledge that you will be guided by your inner principles to do the right thing by the business, your colleagues and our customers.
These core values are at the heart of what we do and are easier to feel than to talk about. Show us these and we will enjoy having you on the team at Test Labs!
What do we do?
At its core, Test Labs is a Medical Device Contract Research Laboratory, accredited to ISO 17025, providing expertise in clinical evaluation and validation of medical devices. We provide a focused range of MedTech testing solutions that excel medical device approval process during product journey to market.
What are we looking for in this position?
The Laboratory Analyst within microbiology team will be responsible for disinfectant testing in a UKAS laboratory as well as part of the R&D team to help the Medical Device Manufacturers answer healthcare related research questions.
What will you do?
- Conduct microbiological disinfectant testing and related preparatory procedures.
- Research and build new capabilities to enable differentiated and leading technologies, supporting new product launches and growth
- Define standard protocols for the execution and documentation of testing
- Develop new test methods what when applied support new claims and demonstrate compliance with regulatory/quality standards
- Help the laboratory technical lead with housekeeping, media preparation and other daily aspects within the laboratory
- To develop and maintain accurate reporting processes and protocols
- To compile and present test findings, interpretations, and recommendations to different stakeholders across the business
- To be responsible for the laboratory equipment and ensure this is used to the highest standard
- To maintain Health, Safety and Environmental standards and procedures throughout the laboratory
- To support in the development of continuous improvement projects, work processes and problem-solving
- Seek cross-functional solutions to address scientific and operational issues
- To provide technical expertise and work collaboratively across the business to meet business objectives
- To be conscious of the commercial outcome of projects and testing
- To assist with scheduled and ad-hoc duties within the laboratory to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the facility
- To assist where needed to work in other areas of the laboratory, such as material science.
What will you need to have and do?
- Always uphold our company core values; Hungry, Humble, Smart
- Degree in Microbiology or in a similar field e.g. Biomedical Science
- Experience in working in laboratory environment ideally under UKAS ISO 17025 quality management system
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive for time bound completion of tasks
- Ability to work in, and adapt to, a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload within a fast-paced environment
- The ability to troubleshoot problems and develop solutions
- Good IT skills
- Confidentiality in processing sensitive data
- Ability to work to the highest HSE standards and procedures
- Health and safety/manual handling awareness
What will you get?
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Commitment to your Personal & Professional Development
- Contributory Pension
Most of all you will be a part of the Test Labs Family, who are a team of motivated and inspiring individuals wanting to play their part in changing the industry and making a difference. Test Labs is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Ready to apply?
Does this role sound like you? Are you the driven, resourceful type who goes above and beyond to get results? Then apply today!