Material Compatibility Testing
Through our Material Compatibility Testing service, we develop a custom testing plan that takes into consideration the mode of action and recommended use of your disinfectant product and/or technology, and as a result we measure the effects of your products on a wide variety of materials, helping you to determine the damages that can happen overtime.
Highly Accelerated Life-Cycle Testing (HALT)
Our Highly Accelerated Life-Cycle Testing (HALT) exposes the test item to repeated decontamination processes to simulate the typical lifetime exposure of the product.
As part of this testing, we closely monitor the environmental conditions, making sure they remain consistent throughout the duration of the test.
Disinfectants: Mode of Action
We developed in house methods that simulate the mode of action of a wide range of disinfectant products and technologies.
As a result, we offer the following tests:
- Spray test, based on EN ISO 21530
- Soak test, based on EN ISO 21530
- Contact test, based on EN ISO 21530
- Wipe test
- Disinfection technology test: including but not limited to UV-C, Vaporised Hydrogen Peroxide, and Ozone
Disinfectants can be used in a wide variety of products and/or surfaces. We have extensive knowledge with regards to the materials most commonly exposed to disinfectant processes in healthcare and industrial settings, and as a result we will test the compatibility of disinfectants against the types of materials present in real life conditions.
Some of the material categories of our test offering include:
Using our team expertise on material science, we developed a series of in-house tests to properly analyse test item materials at both sample and product level during the Initial and Final Assessments. Results from these tests provide important qualitative and quantitative data for assessing potential product and/or surface damages at a visual, physical, and chemical level.
Our test offering includes:
- Visual Test through Photographic Appearance under consistent lighting using our Colour Assessment Cabinet
- Colour Test, based on BS EN ISO 11664-6:2016
- Opacity Test
- Whiteness Test
- Coating Thickness Test
- Hardness Test
- Residue Test
- Corrosion Test, based on ASTM G1-2003 and G3-1989.
- Dimensional Stability Test
- Thickness Test
- Disinfectant absorbance on materials
- pH Test
- Dimensional stability and thickness of gloves, based on EN 455