Test Labs are looking for a Project Manager to join the team. This role will be successfully carried out by working from our laboratory in Peterborough.
Do you have what it takes to be one of the Test Labs team?
We are looking for people who challenge themselves, to set goals, and go above and beyond what is strictly required of them in their role, to achieve these.
Our people passionately strive for excellence which you will see in their careful attention to detail. We are inquisitive and we like to understand, not just for the sake of more knowledge but to fuel our innovation in new products, services, and solutions for our customers. We call this resourcefulness, and a sense that perfection is only just good enough.
We believe that for you to enjoy success in your work, you must apply energy and focus to the tasks you have to do every day. We like to give you the opportunity to stretch yourself beyond your natural ‘comfort zone’ in the knowledge that you will be guided by your inner principles to do the right thing by the business, your colleagues and our customers.
These core values are at the heart of what we do and are easier to feel than to talk about. Show us these and we will enjoy having you on the team at Test Labs!
What do we do?
At its core, Inivos is a specialist medical technology business developing, manufacturing, and supplying products and services to enable hospitals and healthcare facilities to reduce the risk of infection. Test Labs, a division of Inivos, is dedicated to providing decontamination tests for all products and equipment used in healthcare settings to ensure compatibility and longevity within their environment.
What are we looking for in this position?
The Project Manager will be expected to plan, manage and implement current and upcoming research and development projects. You will support the Team Leader with resource and budget planning and implementation to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
What will you do?
- Implementation and maintenance of a structured project management process
- Manage multiple projects through to completion of agreed deliverables to meet the business’ needs
- To drive and support project(s) execution including:
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Management of resources to address constraints
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Identifying and escalating issues that occur
- Preparation of project documentation/requirements
- Identify and mitigate risks and issues, track cost and performance for projects, seek solutions and implement action plans for recovery
- Liaise with Technical lead and Head of R&D in the organisation and implementation of projects
- Participate in project kick off and update meetings
- Support business development opportunities
- Responding to customer inquiries and participate in customer calls/meetings
- Management and reporting of all project costs, variations and performance against budgets and timelines
- Weekly reporting on all aspects of projects in weekly progress meeting
- Monitor customer satisfaction surveys and summary reports, to ensure trends are recognised and appropriate action taken to improve performance
What will you need to have and do?
- Always represent our Core Values: Excellence, Resourceful, Innovation, Understanding and Integrity
- Experience in project management with relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a research and development team
- Experience using MS Project and other project planning tools
- Qualification or certification in project management would be desirable
- Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience working within a related field is desirable
- Project plan preparation, management and maintenance skills
- Resource management skills
- Confident and decisive in judgement
- To take a hands-on approach to work
- Flexible attitude to work in, and adapt to, a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to see things through from development to completion
- Excellent commercial and industry awareness
- A drive for time bound completion of tasks
- Confidentiality in processing sensitive data
- Good IT skills
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work with strict timescales
- Ability to approach challenges logically and deliver outcomes
- Ability to work to the highest HSE standards and procedures
- Willingness to learn, having a positive, enthusiastic attitude to working on your own initiative and as part of a team
What will you get?
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Commitment to your Personal & Professional Development
- Contributory Pension
Most of all you will be a part of the Test Labs Family, who are a team of motivated and inspiring individuals wanting to play their part in changing the industry and making a difference. Inivos is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Ready to apply?
Does this role sound like you? Are you the driven, resourceful type who goes above and beyond to get results? Then apply today!