Test Labs are looking for a Microbiologist to join the Research and Development Team. This role will be successfully carried out by working from our laboratory in Peterborough.
Do you have what it takes to be one of the Test Labs team?
We are looking for people who challenge themselves, to set goals, and go above and beyond what is strictly required of them in their role, to achieve these.
Our people passionately strive for excellence which you will see in their careful attention to detail. We are inquisitive and we like to understand, not just for the sake of more knowledge but to fuel our innovation in new products, services, and solutions for our customers. We call this resourcefulness, and a sense that perfection is only just good enough.
We believe that for you to enjoy success in your work, you must apply energy and focus to the tasks you have to do every day. We like to give you the opportunity to stretch yourself beyond your natural ‘comfort zone’ in the knowledge that you will be guided by your inner principles to do the right thing by the business, your colleagues and our customers.
These core values are at the heart of what we do and are easier to feel than to talk about. Show us these and we will enjoy having you on the team at Test Labs!
What do we do?
At its core, Inivos is a specialist medical technology business developing, manufacturing, and supplying products and services to enable hospitals and healthcare facilities to reduce the risk of infection. Test Labs, a division of Inivos, is dedicated to providing decontamination tests for all products and equipment used in healthcare settings to ensure compatibility and longevity within their environment.
What are we looking for in this position?
This is an excellent opportunity for a Microbiologist to gain and build on their skills in an industrial setting. As a microbiologist, you will be part of a team responsible for disinfectant testing in a laboratory as well as be part of the R&D team to help the business answer healthcare related research questions.
What will you do?
- Independently conduct standard microbiological disinfectant testing which satisfies requirements in accordance to ISO 17025
- Research and build new capabilities to enable differentiated and leading technologies, supporting new product launches and growth
- Define standard protocols for the execution and documentation of testing
- Develop new test methods that when applied support new claims and demonstrate compliance with regulatory/quality standards
- Ensure smooth operation of microbiology laboratory. This includes helping maintain daily aspects including stocking laboratory supplies, media preparation, management of waste and other housekeeping/routine operations within the laboratory
- Develop and maintain accurate reporting processes and protocols
- To compile and present test findings, interpretations, and recommendations to different stakeholders across the business
- Be responsible for the laboratory equipment and ensure this is used to the highest standard
- Maintain Health, Safety and Environmental standards and procedures throughout the laboratory
- Support in the development of continuous improvement projects, work processes and problem-solving
- Seek cross-functional solutions to address scientific and operational issues
- Provide technical expertise and work collaboratively across the business to meet business objectives
- To be conscious of the commercial outcome of projects and testing
- Assist with scheduled and ad-hoc duties within the laboratory to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the facility
What will you need to have and do?
- Always represent our Core Values: Excellence, Resourceful, Innovation, Understanding and Integrity
- Degree in Microbiology or similar related scientific subject will be essential
- Strong practical laboratory experience
- Experience working independently within a laboratory environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental standards and procedures
- Experience working with Microbiology in an industrial setting, with disinfectant testing experience would be beneficial
- Experience working within a UKAS accredited laboratory would be beneficial
- Knowledge in accredited quality management systems such as ISO 17025 would be beneficial
- Confident and decisive in judgement
- To take a hands-on approach to work
- Ability to work in, and adapt to, a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to see things through from development to completion
- Excellent commercial and industry awareness
- A drive for time bound completion of tasks
- Confidentiality in processing sensitive data
- Good IT skills
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work with strict timescales
- Ability to approach challenges logically and deliver outcomes
- Ability to work to the highest HSE standards and procedures
- Willingness to learn, having a positive, enthusiastic attitude to working on your own initiative and as part of a team
What will you get?
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Commitment to your Personal & Professional Development
- Contributory Pension
Most of all you will be a part of the Inivos Family, who are a team of motivated and inspiring individuals wanting to play their part in changing the industry and making a difference. Inivos is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Ready to apply?
Does this role sound like you? Are you the driven, resourceful type who goes above and beyond to get results? Then apply today!